College Board Assessments

Baltimore County Public Schools welcomes homeschooled students to take the PSAT and/or Advanced Placement Exams at their zoned high schools. All information about these assessments can be found on The College Board's website by clicking this link: The College Board.

PSAT - For 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students wishing to take the PSAT on Wednesday, October 12, 2022, please complete the electronic form no later than 12:00 Noon on Monday, September 12, 2022, by clicking on this link: PSAT Form 2022-2023

On September 12, 2022, the information you provide on the electronic form will be sent to your zoned high school (based on your home address). The school’s PSAT Coordinator will contact you after that date to set up a time to complete the paper registration and to pay for the student’s test.
    - The cost of the PSAT 8/9 for 9th graders is $14.00.
    - The cost of the PSAT/NMSQT for 10th and 11th graders is $18.00.
All information about the PSAT and preparation materials can be found on the College Board’s website.Homeschooled students must bring a Photo ID. For those who do not have a Photo ID, please follow the directives found on the College Board's website in the section entitled, Inside the Test.

AP Exams - Students who wish to take Advanced Placement exams in May 2023 must complete the online form no later than September 30th at 4:00 PM: AP Exams 2022-2023 

Typically, homeschooled students take the AP exams at their zoned high schools. If a high school doesn’t offer a particular course/exam, then we find the next closest high school for you that offers the exam. The information that you provide on the Microsoft Form is sent to the high schools. Someone from the high school will contact you, typically in late October/early November, for the formal registration and payment of the exams.

SAT - Unlike the PSAT and AP Exams, the SAT is offered numerous times each year at various locations throughout Maryland.  Homeschooled students wishing to take the SAT should register directly through the College Board.