Enrolling in BCPS

A parent/guardian who wishes to stop homeschooling and enroll a student in Baltimore County Public Schools may do so at any time of the year. For information about registering a student, please visit the BCPS website, Student Registration and Moving Tips

For information about unique enrollment circumstances or to inquire about a special permission transfer, please visit the BCPS website, Residency Office

For information about Magnet Programs, please visit the BCPS website, Magnet Programs

Additional Notes
The student's grade level placement and, if applicable, any high school credits to be awarded are at the discretion of the local school in accordance with COMAR 13A.10.01.04 Placement in Public School: 

Upon application of a child for admission to a public school from a home instruction program, the local superintendent shall determine by an evaluation the placement of the child and any credits to be awarded toward high school graduation. The evaluation may include administration of standardized tests and examinations and interviews with the child. 

Once a parent/guardian enrolls a homeschooled student in school, kindly notify the Home Schooling Program by completing the Withdraw Form, sending an email, to leaving a voice mail message. 

COMAR 13A.10.01.1B(3) Change in Status: 
A parent or guardian shall notify the local school superintendent or the supervising nonpublic school or institution described in Regulation .05 of this chapter if a change occurs in the home school status of a child during the school year.